Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Reflection on Girls



Reflection of the moment:
Timothy L. Kerofsky MA

I dreamed of a daughter one day; I want to adopt one.
Though I have never actually had a daughter;
I have worked with girls almost my entire life.
Since 1987 I have sponsored children, all girls, through the children's fund.
In 1990 I first mentored a girl in karate, she was 10.




From 2004 to 2006 I worked as a teaching assistant at
Novak King Elementary School in North Chicago Illinois
where I set up a special tutor program for girls with special needs.



In 2012 I volunteered and helped the Girl Scouts with a cookie drive.
Last year I volunteered at the Literacy Connection
and tutored a little black girl in math and reading. 




Don't have an actual daughter; but I have taught little Jana karate, 




I mentored her,
and treated her like my own child for nearly 5 years. I miss her.

I have sponsored children, all girls, at children international.
The longest I sponsored a child was 6 years




Caren H. Admendilla from age 10 to 16.

The child I sponsor now, Jacklieth, is like my daughter;
and I will be seeing her in less than 5 weeks. 



Bendita la poco ninas.
¡Bendita la ninas del mundo!

No comments:

Post a Comment