Tuesday, August 6, 2024

A Little history that I believe about Mary of Magdeline,

 from my Catholicism studies and Theology studies:

Mary (Mariam) was a Jewish woman from the fishing town Magdala
on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee.
Her name is mentioned, I believe, 12 times in the Gospels,
more than most of the apostles at least.
Saint Mark and Saint Luke recorded the healing of demons from
Mary’s life in their Gospel accounts.
Mary was scorned as a prostitute.
But became a follower of Jesus,
and later became Jesus' wife?! (This is what I believe according to
much Theology, Biblical, and Gnostic research).
Yes, I stand corrected as I go back into my notes of Theology.
Mary of Bethany was the Mary that was with Martha,
not Mary of Magdeline.
And she did wash Jesus' feet, however an account in
the gospel of Luke talks about a prostitute
(which the Catholic church believes was Mary of Magdeline)
that also washes Jesus's feet in a different account.
In the Book of Phillip, it talks about Mary being Kissed by Jesus...
In the Book of Mary itself it talks about Jesus loving her like no other,
and how she was meant to lead the "church".
~ T.L. Kerofsky, MA Soc, BA Theology

No comments:

Post a Comment